Quincy

The Quincy repeater first went on the air from Quincy city hospital in the 1970's. In 1982, the Quincy repeater was relocated to Forbes Hill. The granite structure you see in the photo was built in 1902. It surrounds a steel standpipe which at one time was part of the Quincy city water supply. When built, the structure featured an observation deck at the top which was open to the public. The standpipe was decommissioned in the 1950s and replaced with a reservoir in the Blue Hills.
The Quincy repeater utilizes a DB224 dipole array antenna, located at the top of the tower. MMRA's 224.400 is side mounted on the upper half of the tower. The UHF link antenna is not visible but is located on the roof.
The repeater was rebuilt in 2016. The Mastr-II 224.400 repeater is located at the top of the rack with the Mirage power amp located above the Mastr-II. The SCOM 7330 controller is in the center, with the Mastr-II 146.67 repeater below it. At the bottom, an Astron SRM-50M power supply provides 13.8VDC for the entire system.
The lightning protection devices and duplexers for both repeaters are located behing the main rack



These photos show the repeaters before the rebuild. Previously, the 222 machine was sitting on a shelf behind the 2m cabinet.


Some fantastic shots from up top !
Boston Skyline
Expressway looking South


Pictures from the Quincy April 29, 2007 work party can be seen here.



Return to Top of Page
Return to MMRA Repeater Index